Inexpensive way to feed a crowd. Definately one of our favorite comfort foods! We love it over baked potatoes!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs hamburger
- 1/2 cup flour (depending on fat content of beef)
- 3 -4 cups milk (can be mixed with water)
- 1 small onion, minced (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard (optional)
- 2 teaspoons garlic granules (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley (optional)
- any other herbs or spices, you desire
- 1In a large frying pan, brown hamburger, crumbling as you go.
- 2Add minced onion and cook until translucent.
- 3Sprinkle flour over cooked beef, and stir thoroughly.
- 4Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- 5Add 2 cups milk, stir well and add all seasonings at this point.
- 6Simmer, adding more liquid as gravy thickens.
- 7Cook to desired consistancy, and serve over any style potatoes, pasta, rice, or toast.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hamburger Gravy My Way
Serving Size: 1 (196 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 406.9
- Calories from Fat 196
- Total Fat 21.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 118.5 mg
- Sodium 575.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 36.3 g