Prep 3 mins
Cook 15 mins
Our traditional family comfort food - at least three generations have been warming themselves with this easy-peasy meal.
- 2 lbs lean hamburger
- 2 onions, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup arrowroot
- 4 (15 ounce) cans peas (don't drain!)
- Add hamburger, onions and garlic to dutch oven on stove top.
- Season with favorite seasonings (we use salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder).
- Brown hamburger until cooked through.
- Sprinkle arrowroot powder (or cornstarch) over browned ground beef and stir until combined.
- Pour in peas (liquid and all) and stir regularly until it thickens into a gravy.
- Serve hot over mashed potatoes or toast.