Recipe by Sandylee
This recipe is a favorite of mine. At the time of posting there were 13 other Hamburger Gravy recipes listed, but I assure you this one is different. Not only is there FLAVOR here, but it is mighty QUICK to put together. In UNDER AN HOUR you can have the table set and recipe ready to serve.
Top Review by internetnut
Good recipe. Very easy and tasty. I didn't think this tasted any different then any other hamburger gravy but was very good so I rated it with 4 stars. I didn't have soy sauce (we don't use it)but I had worchestershire sauce so I used that instead. We served it over rice and I'd like to try it over potatoes. We did have to add salt to taste. I think this would be good with chopped green pepper or even some mushrooms. Thanks for a good recipe we will have this often. Christine (internetnut)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, sliced thin
- 2 beef bouillon cubes (or envelopes)
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 3 cups water, divided
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté ground beef, onion, and celery until nice and brown.
- Add beef bouillon, soy sauce, and 1 cup of water.
- Simmer until liquid is gone.
- Add 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil.
- Thicken with mixture of 5 tbsp flour and 1 cup water until desired thickness.
- Serve over cooked rice (or mashed potatoes).
- Top with chow mein noodles.