Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is a favorite of mine. At the time of posting there were 13 other Hamburger Gravy recipes listed, but I assure you this one is different. Not only is there FLAVOR here, but it is mighty QUICK to put together. In UNDER AN HOUR you can have the table set and recipe ready to serve.
- Sauté ground beef, onion, and celery until nice and brown.
- Add beef bouillon, soy sauce, and 1 cup of water.
- Simmer until liquid is gone.
- Add 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil.
- Thicken with mixture of 5 tbsp flour and 1 cup water until desired thickness.
- Serve over cooked rice (or mashed potatoes).
- Top with chow mein noodles.
This is total comfort food for us. Recipe is very easy to throw together and very very good. I did forget to put the chow mein noodles on top of it which I will do in the future but it was very good without them. I made as directed with the exception of adding a clove of minced garlic to the mix. This will be made on a regular basis in this house. Thanks for posting.
My family loved this. I have made it a few times now, and the last time I added a can of chopped water chestnuts, doubled the recipe (so I guess I used 2 cans of chestnuts), and froze half. We recently ate the frozen batch and it was great. I will make this (and freeze it) again.
This was pretty good. I did add a little bit of onion powder and garlic powder to give it a little bit more flavor. I served it over rice. It was easy to make I like hamburger gravy so I will be making this again. I think next time I will add some fresh garlic to it. Thanks for sharing your recipe. Made for PAC '08.