Recipe by glitter
Good on a cold night. A stick to your ribs meal. Don't forget to remove the bay leaf before serving this does not go over well!!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium onions, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 14 ounces stewed tomatoes
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 cup water, approximately
- 3 tablespoons szedged Hungarian paprika or 1 sweet paprika, with a good red color
- 1 -2 teaspoon chili pepper (to your taste)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large potatoes, peeled,washed,cubed
- 3 large dill pickles, cut like relish
- 1 large bay leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- Add some of the oil in pan.
- Brown, and drain ground beef in a lg.
- heavy pan.
- Remove beef into bowl.
- Pour rest of oil into pan, brown onions til almost a carmelized look.
- Don't burn.
- Put hamburger back, add flour and stir until the flour taste is gone a few minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes, stock and spices.
- Stir well.
- Add the rest except water.
- Stir again.
- Add only enough water to have a stew like consistency.
- It will look a little thin but as it cooks it will thicken up.
- Cook on med.
- You want it to cook quick and well.
- I leave the cover tilted, to allow some of the steam to release and thicken the goulash.
- Serve with hard crusted bread and a fresh salad.