Recipe by marisk
This is a simple recipe that is easy to make. I like it because it is very versatile. You can add just about any vegetable you want to…sliced mushrooms, peas, potatoes, celery, carrots…. And sometimes I make it with half ground beef and half ground pork. I serve this over baked potatoes, rice or noodles . You might want to omit the salt…the soup and broth already have a lot in it.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 medium maui onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 -2 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄2 carrot, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup peas
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 -2 cup low sodium beef broth
- 1 pinch sea salt (optional)
- 1 pinch pepper (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Using medium pot, brown the ground beef until almost done.
- Add vegetables and stir fry until cooked but still crispy [add mushrooms last].
- Mix in soup and as much broth as needed to thin to your liking.
- Simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Please note that the soup and broth are salty…taste before adding the sea salt.