Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is so quick and easy to make. I loved it has a kid and my hubby loves it, too. Great flavor and texture.. please, give it a try.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef (drained)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic salt (or to taste)
- 1 (14 ounce) bag egg noodles (cooked and drained)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, UN-DRAINED (spicy or regular)
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can whole kernel corn (drained)
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can peas (drained)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar (cuts down acidity of the tomatoes)
- Start a large pot of boiling, salted water for the noodles.
- Place hamburger in a large skillet, add salt, pepper and garlic salt. Cook until done, then drain well. Place back into skillet.
- Add the un-drained tomatoes, drained corn and drained peas to the meat mixture.
- Add noodles to boiling water as directed on package. (I prefer No-Yoke because they reheat the next day without being mushy.).
- Meanwhile, back at the ranch. I mean back to the meat mixture. Reduce the heat and simmer on low for 15 min or until some of the liquid has evaporated and condensed.
- Taste seasoning and adjust as needed.
- Drain the noodles VERY well and put back into the hot pot that you cooked them inches (this helps dry the excess moisture off of the noodles, it works wonders for mashed potatoes, too!).
- Carefully pour the meat mixture into the noodles and mix well.
- Serve with a white roll or bread (untoasted) with butter to soak up the sauces)
- Also, check out my highly rated Monterey Chicken, Bursting with Flavor #81513. :).
- Yum. Please enjoy.
I used this receipe for a potluck at my church and it went over great. I cooked the hamburger and then threw everything in a cock pot and let it cook all day. I also used frozen corn and peas, then cooked and added the noodles right before leaving.