Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From TOH 2004 Quick Cooking.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 2 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 -2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- hot cooked noodles or mashed potatoes
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef and onion ove rmedium heat until meat it no longer pink; drain.
- Add the next 8 ingredients. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine flour and cold water until smooth; stir into the meat mixture. Bring to a boil.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve or noodles or mashed potatoes.
A terrific dish and i only wish i could give it more than 5 stars.
This was very good. I served it with mash potatoes. Everyone thought it was sloppy joe's. I served the leftovers on a hamburger bun.
Excellent recipe. We modified it slightly, to use half ground beef and half ground pork. Also, I made dumplings to go on top [see my recipe #153961] instead of serving with noodles or potatoes.