Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is my version of a favorite childhood recipe that my friend's mother used to make for us. I had to try to recreate from memory over the years and this version is the best. If you like fried rice, I don't think you will be disappointed.
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs, soft scrambled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cups cold cooked white rice, jasmine
- 1 cup cooked ground chuck
- bean sprouts, optional for variation
- mushroom, optional for variation
- Heat butter in small skillet, add eggs and soft scramble. Remove from heat. Set aside.
- Heat oil in wok or large skillet. Add hamburger and cook very well.
- Add garlic, ginger, soy sauce and pepper flakes to cooked hamburger. Stir-fry for 1 minute longer.
- Add rice. Stir-fry for 3 to 4 minutes longer.
- Stir in scrambed eggs and thinly sliced green onions. Serve at once.