Recipe by Latchy
This is based on a recipe Cooking for 1, thought I would post as there has been queries again for recipes for 1 person. Please play around with this recipe as you could add finely grated veggies to the patty, use different sauces etc.
Top Review by anme
Since I cook for one or two, this recipe was perfect for me and my mother. I made one seving for the two of use to split with ground very lean turkey meat. I used sliced velveta cheese since thats what I had and opted out on the beets. This makes the perfect sized and falvored burger for one!
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 sesame buns or 1 roll, split toasted and buttered
- 1 tablespoon grated tasty cheese
- 1 teaspoon tomato sauce or 1 teaspoon ketchup
- 1 slice cooked beetroot (optional but try it)
- 1 slice tomatoes
- 1 lettuce leaf
- 100 g ground beef
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs, made from stale bread
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried herbs
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons tomato sauce or 2 teaspoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- To make patty, place beef, breadcrumbs, onion, herbs, egg yolk, tomato and soy sauces and black pepper in bowl and mix well to combine.
- Using wet hands shape mixture into a patty.
- Heat oil in a nonstick pan over medium high heat, add patty and cook for 4-5 minutes each side to your liking.
- To assemble hamburger sprinkle bottom half of bun with cheese, then top with cooked patty, tomato sauce, beetroot, tomato, lettuce and top half of bun.