Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This combination of ingredients produces a very nice, light meatball that you can cook immediately, but the secret of its fluffy texture is in waiting. Believe this was from an original Heloise tip of many years ago.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 slices white bread, torn into wee pieces
- 1⁄2 large onion, finely minced
- 1 pinch marjoram
- 1 pinch thyme
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 egg
- 2 -3 tablespoons oil (for frying)
- Mix all ingredients together except oil. Mix very well.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate several hours.
- Form into small balls using about 1 teaspoon of meat and brown in cooking oil. Do not overcrowd. Sauce as you wish.