Recipe by Vickie Conner
I love this soup. I made it up after visiting a local restaurant. Very kid friendly (cutting down on the red pepper for kids). Adult friendly with lots of red pepper. Could also add a can of beans of your choice.
- 1⁄2 cup diced carrot
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 stalk leek, diced white part only
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 celery, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 lb lean ground sirloin
- 1 (16 ounce) can Italian stewed tomatoes (cut in smaller pieces)
- 1 (32 ounce) boxof swanson beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Italian spices (or more)
- 1 tablespoon fennel seed
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup uncooked macaroni
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute first 5 ingredients in Olive oil for 5 minutes or until soft. Add garlic saute for 1 minute Add ground sirloin cook till done. Breaking it up in small pieces as you go. Add tomatoes, broth and all seasonings. Cover and cook slowly for 1 hours.
- Cook macaroni according to the directions while soup is cooking. Drain and toss a little olive oil to coat. Set aside.
- Poor soup into bowl and spoonful of macaroni. Put rest in refrigerator till cold then can add all the macaroni into the soup. This way the macaroni wont get mushy.