Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 min
We made this the other night and loved it! I think next time we'll double the sauce...it's SO good...
- 1 lb ground round
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Mix the ground round, salt and pepper together lightly and form into 3 1-inch patties.
- Melt butter in skillet. Remove from heat. Blend mustard into butter, return to heat. Saute hamburgers on medium heat about 5 minutes each side. Remove and keep warm.
- Add lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce to pan and stir over low heat until well blended.
- Return patties to pan and let simmer in juices a few minutes while spooning juice over the top occasionally.
- Serve over toasted french bread.
It was easy to make, had a great flavor, and my kids even liked it. I suggest more sauce than recipe calls for, because you will want to have it to spoon over burgers when served.
I love hamburgers and I love this recipe! This is so easy and comes out very tasty. I wanted a tad more sauce so right at the end I added an oz of vodka mmmmm. Thanks for a really good recipe
This sauce is so yummy, and the aroma is wonderful. I cooked 3 rump steaks instead, and doubled the sauce mixture, using small, frequent amounts to fry the steak in (and to put on top of the steak as a quick marinade), then using the bit left over to spoon over the steak and fried rice I made. I also used soy margarine instead of butter, dijon mustard and 1 freshly squeezed orange, because I ran out of lemons.