Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Easy and Economical
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb turkey
- 1⁄4 cup onion (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup cheese (grated)
- 16 -18 slices bread
- 1 (10 ounce) can mushroom soup (Don't Add One Can Of Water)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- salt & pepper
- Combine all ingredients except bread slices and mix well.
- Trim crusts from bread slices, butter cupcake pans OR one side of bread slice.
- Place bread slices in cupcake tin with butter side down and shape into pan.
- Fill with meat mixture (full) and bake in 350 degree oven for 40 minutes or until meat is browned and cooked to temperature.
- Remove and serve.
- This recipe freezes well.
These turned out almost perfect. I put a cup of water in with the condensed soup and it watered down the flavor. I wasn't sure the recipe meant me to do that or not so it entirely depends on you.
This recipe was just OK for us, more because of our error rather than the recipe, I think. We left the crusts on, and they were pretty crispy by the end which we didn't like. We also only got about 10 cupcakes out of this, and they weren't as cooked as I would have liked in the 40 minute cook time. Next time I'll try them without the crusts and put less mixture in or cook a little longer.
Kids loved them, they tasted good, were easy to make. The best part is they're not very messy. I think they'd be perfect for birthday parties!