Recipe by echo echo
The "crust" of this pizza is actually hamburger rather than dough. Sure cuts down on the carbs!
Top Review by jdionne3
This was GREAT! New ideas, you have got to love them. I didn't really follow the recipe I took this idea and changed it a little bit for myself. I used Ground Turkey instead of Ground Beef. I added Red Pepper Flakes to the Turkey and I pre-cooked it in the oven before i put any of my topping on. Over all I would have to say this is a great idea and I would very much make this recipe again with beef or Turkey.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 red onion, sliced thin
- 1⁄4 lb genoa salami, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 lb mozzarella cheese, slices
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped mixed mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crumbled dried oregano (or 1 tsp fresh)
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the beef and the garlic and press into a 12-inch pizza pan.
- Mix the tomato sauce through the sugar and spread on top of the beef.
- Layer the onion, salami, mozzarella cheese and mushrooms on the pizza in the order listed.
- Sprinkle with oregano and parmesan.
- Bake at 400ï¿½ about 15 minutes or until the beef is cooked through.