The "crust" of this pizza is actually hamburger rather than dough. Sure cuts down on the carbs!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 red onion, sliced thin
- 1⁄4 lb genoa salami, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 lb mozzarella cheese, slices
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped mixed mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crumbled dried oregano (or 1 tsp fresh)
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Mix the beef and the garlic and press into a 12-inch pizza pan.
- Mix the tomato sauce through the sugar and spread on top of the beef.
- Layer the onion, salami, mozzarella cheese and mushrooms on the pizza in the order listed.
- Sprinkle with oregano and parmesan.
- Bake at 400ï¿½ about 15 minutes or until the beef is cooked through.
This was GREAT! New ideas, you have got to love them. I didn't really follow the recipe I took this idea and changed it a little bit for myself. I used Ground Turkey instead of Ground Beef. I added Red Pepper Flakes to the Turkey and I pre-cooked it in the oven before i put any of my topping on. Over all I would have to say this is a great idea and I would very much make this recipe again with beef or Turkey.
Did not like this at all. The hamburger meat was "mushy"