Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another one of my daughters favorites!
- 1 lb ground chuck or 1 lb venison
- 1 tablespoon minced dried onion
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) soup can water
- 1 teaspoon Kitchen Bouquet
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs potatoes, peeled, if desired and cut in half
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- Brown meat with onions Drain.
- Stir in soup, water and kitchen bouquet, taste to see if you need to add salt and pepper.
- Set to simmer, stirring occasionally. If gravy gets too thick add more water.
- Boil or stem potatoes in salted water until tender.Drain.
- Toss potatoes with butter and parsley.
- Serve meat and gravy over potatoes.
I made this to recipe and it was awesome! I wouldn't change a thing. Total comfort food.
I made this for dinner using ground venison. I liked it very much. I think my wife would have preferred it with ground beef, so next time I will try that. The gravy is tasty. Thank you.
Great recipe. I did use ground chuck, and usually when I make a recipe that says 1 cup, or 1 soup cup of water, I gradually add the water as it is cooking, and then stir. I was satisfied with 3/4 cup of water, only adjustment. The sauce was great, and I decided to take a little of the gravy, and mix it with a tablespoon of butter that I served with some rolls for us. Thanks for posting this. Made for PRMR tag.