Recipe by Hey Jude
I found this in our local paper a few weeks ago and found it to be a delicious, quick and easy meal for after work....or, for breakfast.
Top Review by Debaylady
I was thinking about posting this and saw you already did...it is truly a comfort food and real easy on the pocketbook too. I've been making it for over 40 years. However, I add fresh diced garlic as well as a few drops of Worceshire Sauce. We always have it for a quick supper.
- 14.79 ml bacon drippings or 14.79 ml oil
- 226.79 g ground beef
- 44.37 ml minced onions
- 22.18 ml flour
- 236.59 ml milk
- salt and pepper
- baking powder biscuits or cornbread or mashed potatoes or toast
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat bacon drippings or oil in a large skillet over medium-hi heat; add ground beef and onion and cook and stir, breaking meat into small crumbs, until meat and onions have browned, about 7 minutes.
- Push meat to side of pan and drain off all but 1 1/2 tablespoons pan drippings; return to low heat and whisk flour into pan drippings until smooth.
- Slowly add milk and stir until smooth.
- Move meat back into center of pan and stir to coat with gravy; cook until thickened, season with salt and pepper to taste and serve over split baking powder biscuits, toast or corn bread or over mashed potatoes.