Prep 40 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is my kid's all-time favorite casserole. They are grown now and they still beg me to make it. The recipe originally came from a hospital dietitian who gave it to my mother in the 1950's.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (4 ounce) jar diced pimentos
- 1 (8 ounce) bag noodles, cooked ala dente (kluski style noodles work best)
- 1 1⁄2 cups soft breadcrumbs (I cut my bread in very small cubes)
- 4 tablespoons margarine, melted
- Brown meat and onion together until onions soften.
- Add next 8 ingredients and mix well.
- Stir in noodles.
- Pour into 13 x 9 inch baking pan or 2-quart casserole dish.
- Mix crumbs and margarine; sprinkle over top.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes, or until bubbly.
I used frozen corn and cooked it for 2 minutes after it started to boil. I think you could add more noodles. Another keeper! Thanks
I thought I'd add how I alter this recipe, since I submitted it in its original form. I use 12 ounces of noodles, 16 ounces of sour cream, and 2 cans of corn instead of one. This is the way my family likes it. If you do these changes, however, you will need to use an additional smaller dish to bake part of it in. I freeze the second dish for a day when I don't have time to cook.
What a great I don't have much time dish. I used green bell peppers, I feel the pimentos would have been better. Thanks for last nights dinner!