Recipe by Donna M.
This is my kid's all-time favorite casserole. They are grown now and they still beg me to make it. The recipe originally came from a hospital dietitian who gave it to my mother in the 1950's.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (4 ounce) jar diced pimentos
- 1 (8 ounce) bag noodles, cooked ala dente (kluski style noodles work best)
- 1 1⁄2 cups soft breadcrumbs (I cut my bread in very small cubes)
- 4 tablespoons margarine, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown meat and onion together until onions soften.
- Add next 8 ingredients and mix well.
- Stir in noodles.
- Pour into 13 x 9 inch baking pan or 2-quart casserole dish.
- Mix crumbs and margarine; sprinkle over top.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes, or until bubbly.