Recipe by AmyMCGS
A fun treat, these cookies look just like miniature hamburgers! :) I've seen several varieties of this recipe- this is my quick and easy version. You could get more creative with other colors of frosting for ketchup, mustard, cheese, etc.
Top Review by luvmykiz
I needed an idea for my daugthers preschool snack, that stared with the letter H. I found this one and loved it. I add the green frosting on one side and yellow and green on the other, to make it look like tomato and ketchup.
- 48 round vanilla wafer cookies
- 24 miniature peppermint patties (chocolate covered)
- 1 (2/3 ounce) packagegreen decorator frosting (the kind in a tube)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place half of the cookies upside down (flat side up) on a cookie sheet-- this is the bottom half of the "bun".
- Top each cookie half with an unwrapped mint patty.
- Place in the oven for 2-3 minutes, just long enough for the chocolate to soften.
- Working quickly, top each mint patty with a squiggle of green frosting around the outer edges so that a bit of the green drips onto the sides of the "burger" (this is the "lettuce").
- Top each "burger" with another vanilla wafer (this is the top half of the "bun").
- Store in an airtight container until serving.