Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Since I love casseroles I tried to modify my usual hamburger/potatoe casserole and I think I made it a little better this time with the additon of the rotel tomatoes and an addition of the vegetable soup. Since this juices up well you may need a thickener at the end. I added extra cheese and let it sit for about 15 minutes last time and that worked well. Hope you enjoy.
- Fry hamburger with onion,and garlic,drain well.
- Add chopped potatoes to hamburger mix and put in lightly greased 9x13 baking dish.
- Combine next 7 ingredients and stir well.
- Cover dish with foil and place in 375 oven for about 1 hour.
- Doesn't hurt to remove foil and stir the casserole once during the cooking process.
- Take out of oven and top with shredded cheese and place back in oven till bubbly.
- All Done!
Comfort food is right. This is very, very good. I didn't have any fresh parsley so I used 1 tsp of dried, and I didn't measure my shredded cheese which was probably more than a cup, but it worked just fine. My neighbors and I thank you for a delicious and easy to make dinner. We'll be enjoying this again pretty soon.
This is a good dish for those winter nights when you need a rib sticking home cooked casserole. I used shredded parmesan instead of the mozzarella and still enjoyed it.
I was in the mood for comfort food and decided to try Auntie Jan's dish. I have been eyeing this one up and waiting for the right time, and that was tonight. I had it with the buttery rolls. (abm). Dh loved it. I used dry parsley, didn't have any fresh.