Recipe by Auntie Jan
Since I love casseroles I tried to modify my usual hamburger/potatoe casserole and I think I made it a little better this time with the additon of the rotel tomatoes and an addition of the vegetable soup. Since this juices up well you may need a thickener at the end. I added extra cheese and let it sit for about 15 minutes last time and that worked well. Hope you enjoy.
Top Review by Chuck in Killbuck
Comfort food is right. This is very, very good. I didn't have any fresh parsley so I used 1 tsp of dried, and I didn't measure my shredded cheese which was probably more than a cup, but it worked just fine. My neighbors and I thank you for a delicious and easy to make dinner. We'll be enjoying this again pretty soon.
- 2 lbs hamburger
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced.
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can vegetable soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 can Rotel Tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry hamburger with onion,and garlic,drain well.
- Add chopped potatoes to hamburger mix and put in lightly greased 9x13 baking dish.
- Combine next 7 ingredients and stir well.
- Cover dish with foil and place in 375 oven for about 1 hour.
- Doesn't hurt to remove foil and stir the casserole once during the cooking process.
- Take out of oven and top with shredded cheese and place back in oven till bubbly.
- All Done!