Recipe by Mark O.
Great way to use ground beef. Very tasty.
Top Review by Roger/OH
This recipe tasted great and went together quickly. I would of like a little more flavor and that is what kept me from giving it 5 stars.
I added green bell peppers and carrots. Left out the sprouts because I didn't have any.
I pre-preped everything and it worked out well.
Overall great recipe. Thank you for posting it.
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 1 1⁄2 cups ground beef
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can bean sprouts, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄3 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat shortening in a large, deep skillet.
- Sear ground beef until it cooks through.
- Then add onion and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add celery, hot water, salt and pepper.
- Cover skillet and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add sprouts and heat to boiling.
- In a small bowl combine the cold water, cornstarch, soy sauce and sugar.
- Mix together and add to skillet mixture.
- Cook for 5 minutes, or until thickened to taste.