Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
I have been making this dish for ages, it is most requested by my son who could eat hamburger in any form, it is a fairly easy dish to prepare, and tastes so good, if you like chili, then I'm sure that you will love this dish.
Top Review by LizAnn
I ended up tweaking this recipe quite a bit as the proportions seemed out of balance for our taste. I doubled the noodles and parmesean cheese, and tripled the chili powder, added an extra can of tomatoes (14.5 oz) and halved the mushrooms. I also added garlic salt. Over all everyone liked it. Kind of reminded me of hamburger helper only a whole lot healthier!
- 1 (8 ounce) package egg noodles
- 2 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 4 -8 ounces canned mushroom slices, drained
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 -2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles, meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef, onion, celery and garlic until meat is no longer pink, and veggies are tender; drain any fat add Parmesan cheese, canned mushrooms, and tomatoes, chili powder, salt and pepper; mix well cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- drain noodles; stir into beef mixture, and heat through.
- remove from heat.
- sprinkle with cheese; cover and let stand 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.