Recipe by Smilyn
I think I got this out of an old Mormon cook book. I'm not Mormon myself, but they sure had some good recipes. Alternative to Hamburger Helper! Makes quite a bit.
Top Review by Covelli
Great recipe! I changed things around quite a bit, but the combo of the cream cheese, cott. cheese, and sour cream were great! I made mine sort of like a lasagna and the family loved it! I sauted the beef with the onions and green pepper and then added fresh garlic, salt, and pepper to taste. I then threw in a jar of my fav. spagetti sauce. I boiled some barilla plus noodles and tossed them in olive oil and parm. cheese. I then placed the noodle mixture into a greased pan. Then I topped them with the 1 cup lowfat cott. cheese, 2 tbsp sour cream, 1/2 package of cream cheese and 1/2 tsp garlic powder. Then I poured the meat sauce over the cheese mixture and topped with parm. cheese and colby jack (it was all I had:)! It turned out excellent!!!!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1 cup cream-style cottage cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 green pepper, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet, cook meat and onion until meat is lightly browned and onion is tender.
- Stir in tomato sauce, sugar, salt, garlic salt, and pepper.
- Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions and drain.
- Combine cottage cheese, cream cheese, sour cream, green onion and optional green pepper.
- Spread 1/2 the noodles in a 9 x 12 pan; top with a little meat sauce then cover with cheese mixture.
- Add remaining noodles and meat sauce.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350F for 30 minutes.