Recipe by Ravenseyes
This is one of those comfort foods that just makes you feel like you want some more and curl up next to the fireplace all at the same time - enjoy!!
Top Review by morgainegeiser
This was quite good, my DH stated it would great in the winter and he is right. Still tasted great in 90 degree weather. It has a nice flavor, next however I will add more sauce or maybe cut back on the linguini noodles. Didn't know how much linguini to make and maybe made too much. Made for ZWT4.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups noodles (or Linguini Uncooked Medium)
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, brown the hamburger with the onion over medium heat setting.
- until the meat is lightly browned and the onion is tender. Drain off excess fat and return to the skillet. Stir in tomato sauce, sugar, salt, garlic salt, and pepper. Remove meat sauce from heat and reserve.
- Meanwhile, cook the noodles as directed on the package, drain, and reserve.
- In a small bowl combine cottage cheese, cream cheese, sour cream, green onions and green bell pepper.
- Spread about half of the noodles in a 13-inch by 9-inch oven-proof baking pan.
- Spread about half the meat sauce evenly over the top of the noodles. Cover with cheese mixture.
- Add the remaining noodles and top with the remaining meat sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bake in a pre-heated 350-F degree oven for about 30 minutes.
- Great served with a leafy salad and garlic bread.