Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This was something I came up with (experimental) to use hamburger in another way. Cooking for 2 and don’t want a lot of left-overs….even though I had some….put in freezer for another meal later. Getting tired of burgers....meatloaf....chili.....etc.....and something my husband might like. (which he did)....with ingredients I had on hand. Could propably serve with sour cream and/or salsa. Thought about using Taco Seasoning & salsa....but didn't think he would like it as well. (Next time, maybe.) This would probably fit in a pie pan. I used a foil cake pan (bought at Dollar Tree...(almost an 8” square pan)…throw away when empty....easy clean-up).
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1 1⁄4 ounces dry onion soup mix
- 3 ounces tomato paste
- 1 cup cheese, crumbles
- 4 ounces egg substitute
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) box Jiffy corn muffin mix
- Add onion mix to hamburger and fry until meat is no longer pink, stir in tomato paste.
- Mix corn muffin mix according to directions.
- Spread a thin layer of muffin mixture in an 8" square cake pan. Reserve the rest for topping.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup of cheese crumbles over muffin layer.
- Spread hamburger mixture over cheese.
- Add remaining cheese.
- Pour egg beaters over all.
- Drop remaining muffin mix over all, spread over all.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. (until desired brownness.).