Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
you will need large bowl to mix this all in...may take a little longer to bake but you can tell when it's done. Makes really large casserole dish. I used the regular canned corn in my recipe.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 package fine egg noodles, cooked
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (12 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 can sliced mushrooms
- 1 can sliced black olives
- 1 can corn, regular or 1 can creamed corn
- 2 cups colby-monterey jack cheese
- salt and pepper
- Brown ground beef&onions.
- Add rest of ingredients and place in casserole dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Just before serving I like to put more shredded cheese on top til melted.
I found this a little bland, though my kids and everyone at church loved it. I think it would do well with some garlic, cumin and cayenne but I like a little heat :) I made this for the freezer challenge and was able to put the whole mix into a casserole pan, covered it with saran wrap tight against the noodles and then covered again with foil. Removed to the counter to thaw about 4hrs and then reheated in the over for 30ish minutes topped with the grated cheese