Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a recipe my step-grandmother got from the local newspaper years ago--with some modifications to make it lighter and less bland.
- 1 lb lean ground beef (92/8 - 96/4 lean/fat percentages)
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- garlic salt
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cansdel monte mixed vegetables (I use the ones without potatoes)
- 1 (10 ounce) can rotel (original recipe called for whole tomatoes, so you can use that if you don't want it spicy)
- 6 ounces Velveeta reduced fat cheese product, sliced or shredded
- Brown ground beef with diced onion and garlic salt.
- Drain mixed vegetables and Rotel.
- Mix all ingredients except the Velveeta in a 2 qt casserole dish.
- Bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes.
- Top casserole with Velveeta and bake for another 10-15 minutes (until melted).