Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is an adaptation of 2 different recipes my mother-in-law used to fix. I took part of each one and added them together one day when I didn't have all the ingredients for just one.Also, I had 3 of my grandchildren the day I made this they loved it. There were no leftovers. .
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion
- 15 ounces creamed corn
- 10 ounces tomato soup (or your favorite canned soup)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 1⁄2 cups elbow macaroni
- 4 -6 slices American cheese
- 12 ounces refrigerated biscuits
- In a heavy skillet brown beef and onion.
- Add corn,soup,and parmesan cheese.
- Simmer for 15 minutes, while cooking macaroni.
- Add macaroni to the meat mixture.
- Season to taste.
- Pour into a greased casserole.
- Top with cheese slices.
- Cut biscuits in half to cover top of mixture.
- Bake at 350° until biscuits are done and browned to your liking.
Great recipe. The only thing I did different was to use a different type of cheese. I used a mixed blend of cheese. That just happened to be what I had in the fridge!!!! Family loved this just as well reheated as they did when fresh out of the oven.
This one is a keeper. My family loved it, even my husband who does not usually care for creamed corn or American cheese. Everyone went back for seconds. I did not have any canned biscuits on hand so I used a package of refrigerator pizza dough. It was still delicious!
My family loved this recipe. It was very easy to make. The only ingredient I left out was the onion. I would definately make this again. Claudia