Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is another Sunday evening creation. Can you tell that Sundays are Pajama days? I think this would also work with carrots or okra.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canof flavored tomatoes
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 1⁄2 cups colby cheese, grated
- buttered bread crumb
- salt and pepper
- 1 bag frozen peas, thawed
- In a frying pan, saute red pepper and onion until soft in Olive Oil.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, tomatoes, corn and Hamburger and saute until meat is done.
- In a 9x9 baking dish, alternate layers of meat sauce, peas and 1/2 cup cheese until dish is nearly full.
- end with 1/2 cup cheese and lightly sprinkle the bread crumbs on top, then bake in a 400F oven for 20 minutes or until cheese has melted.
Great recipe! I didn't have any peppers to add, but it was fine without them. The can tomatoes I had were plain diced, so I added some beef boullion sprinkles and parsley. I used regular shredded cheddar cheese instead of the colby and panko bread crumbs. I served it with some quick biscuits and had a great dinner!
I didn't have red pepper on hand so used green pepper. Added mushrooms and garlic to the mix and used Mrs. Grimes Mexican flavored canned tomatoes. I'm already planning to have this on the menu when our kids come to visit. Thanks, Daniele Miner, for a wonderful recipe.