Recipe by Daniele1969
This is another Sunday evening creation. Can you tell that Sundays are Pajama days? I think this would also work with carrots or okra.
Top Review by Carrie in Greenville
Great recipe! I didn't have any peppers to add, but it was fine without them. The can tomatoes I had were plain diced, so I added some beef boullion sprinkles and parsley. I used regular shredded cheddar cheese instead of the colby and panko bread crumbs. I served it with some quick biscuits and had a great dinner!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canof flavored tomatoes
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 1⁄2 cups colby cheese, grated
- buttered bread crumb
- salt and pepper
- 1 bag frozen peas, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a frying pan, saute red pepper and onion until soft in Olive Oil.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, tomatoes, corn and Hamburger and saute until meat is done.
- In a 9x9 baking dish, alternate layers of meat sauce, peas and 1/2 cup cheese until dish is nearly full.
- end with 1/2 cup cheese and lightly sprinkle the bread crumbs on top, then bake in a 400F oven for 20 minutes or until cheese has melted.