Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I found this recipe on BetterRecipes.com and recently made it. I changed a few ingredients and also the quantity of noodles it called for to suit my taste. I prefer more of a wet casserole so I used less noodles but you can add or subtract as suits you best.
- Brown the ground beef in a frying pan with the chopped onion.
- In large pot boil the egg noodles until tender, drain.
- Combine the ground beef mixture, noodles, soups and cheddar cheese.
- Place mixture in a 9x13 baking dish sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Top with parmesan and mozzarella cheeses.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly.
My oldest boy said that this tastes like "really good Hamburger Helper!". Since I don't remember the last time I bought that, he obviously has fond memories for a reason. This is a real comfort food. It's easy to put together and it's very filling. It was great on this cold day. Made for New Kids On The Block tag game. Thanks Old Widow! :)
I made this and should have known by ingredients that I wouldn't care for it. My mistake, I was fooled by the 5 * rating. It tastes ok when you take the first bite and then half way through the meal, you are pretty tired of it. I'm not a hamburger helper person, nor have I tried it, but I agree with one of the other comments, if you like that type of food, you will like this recipe.
Made this last nite for dinner and it was a huge hit!! Everybody had 2nds!! This was really really an excellent comfort food for a cold day. Made exactly as recipe stated and wouldn't change a thing!! Thanks for a great recipe!!