Recipe by Old widow
I found this recipe on BetterRecipes.com and recently made it. I changed a few ingredients and also the quantity of noodles it called for to suit my taste. I prefer more of a wet casserole so I used less noodles but you can add or subtract as suits you best.
Top Review by Nif
My oldest boy said that this tastes like "really good Hamburger Helper!". Since I don't remember the last time I bought that, he obviously has fond memories for a reason. This is a real comfort food. It's easy to put together and it's very filling. It was great on this cold day. Made for New Kids On The Block tag game. Thanks Old Widow! :)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 16 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 ounce) bag egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the ground beef in a frying pan with the chopped onion.
- In large pot boil the egg noodles until tender, drain.
- Combine the ground beef mixture, noodles, soups and cheddar cheese.
- Place mixture in a 9x13 baking dish sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Top with parmesan and mozzarella cheeses.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly.