1/2 Photos of Hamburger Casserole
Kim A. Heaphy's Note:
Here is a budget meal that has a fair bit of diversity in it. I like to make this at the end of the week and toss in leftover vegetables such as peas, carrots, bell peppers, celery, wax beans, corn, olives (black or green), etc. You can also use frozen vegetables if you wish. Feel free to substitute the vegetables in this recipe for 1-1/2 to 2 cups vegetables of your choice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat a large non-stick pan, add hamburger and brown, draining off excess fat. Add onions and garlic and cook until onion becomes soft. Add bell pepper and celery and cook for another 2 minutes.
- 2Add tomatos, water, salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Add macaroni and reduce heat, simmering until macaroni is tender, about 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper as desired.
- 3Add to bowls, top with grated cheese and serve.
- 4Note: If you prefer celery more tender then add with the onions and garlic.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hamburger Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (455 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 416.4
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 58.9 mg
- Sodium 652.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 12.0 g
- Protein 27.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: