Recipe by Biscuit Eater
This recipe was given to me by my father-in-law. I've made it many, many times. Everyone that tries it, begs for the recipe. I hope that you enjoy it as much as I have.
Top Review by MollyLin
This dish reminds me of a polish dish my mom used to make when I was little. It was a little dry for me, but I think if the dish was covered while baking it would have been better. The onions on top made the dish! Good leftovers too.
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) can French fried onion rings
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rice according to package directions and set aside.
- Brown beef and next 3 ingredients in a large skillet, stirring until beef crumbles; drain off grease.
- Combine beef mixture, rice and remaining ingredients (except for onion rings).
- Place mixture into a greased 13x9x2 baking dish.
- Bake for 1 hour at 325 degrees.
- Add onion rings to top and bake for 10 more minutes.
- Serve immediately.