Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
From a Reiman cookbook.
- 2 lbs uncooked extra lean ground beef
- 4 lbs potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- In a Dutch oven, layer half the meat, potatoes and onion. Sprinkle with half of the pepper. Repeat layers. Dissolve the bouillon in water, pour over all. Top with tomatoes.
- Cover and cook over medium heat for 45 to 50 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.