1/5 Photos of Hamburger Buns Par Excellence
2 hrs 35 mins
2 hrs 15 mins
Jeff #631750's Note:
Very nice burger buns, not too tough to bite through, plenty of substance to withstand a hearty burger. You'll be wanting to tear down the oven door when they're almost through baking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the milk in a saucepan until tepid but not yet warm (check every 10 seconds).
- 2Combine the milk, sugar and yeast.
- 3Beat the egg.
- 4Combine the flour, oil, egg and salt in a bowl.
- 5Pour in the milk mixture, and stir with a spoon until the ball pulls away from the side of the bowl.
- 6Turn the ball onto a floured surface and knead for 6 minutes.
- 7Cover loosely and let rise for 60 minutes; the ball will just double.
- 8Punch down, divide into four, and form into buns about 5-6" in diameter.
- 9Preheat a baking stone in the oven at 375.
- 10Cover and let rise for an hour; they won't rise that much but they will look puffy and glossy.
- 11Transfer the buns to the baking stone.
- 12Cook for 19-20 minutes. They will more than double in height and will be medium brown on the top.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hamburger Buns Par Excellence
Serving Size: 1 (540 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 406.0
- Calories from Fat 151
- Total Fat 16.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 50.5 mg
- Sodium 618.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 9.7 g