Prep 2 hrs
Cook 15 mins
King Arthur Flour recipe for hamburger buns for use with their hamburger bun pan. Can be made with bread maker on dough cycle.
- Follow breadmaker instructions on dough or to make by hand go to number 2.
- Warm milk and butter just until butter starts to melt.
- Place all ingredients except egg white and sesame seed into mixing bowl. Stir to combine, then knead the dough until smooth and elastic 5 to 10 minutes.
- Place dough into lightly greased bowl, turning to coat all sides, cover lightly with greased lastic wrap and let dough rise until doubled in size.
- Turn dough out onto lightly greased surface, divide into 6 pieces. Roll each piece into a ball and place it in the lightly greased pan.
- Cover the pan and let the dough rise 10 minutes, then press each to flatten the tops. Cover and let rise 1 hour.
- Just before baking brush egg white/water mixture and sprinkle with seeds.
- Bake the buns in preheated 375 degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown, cool on rack.
These delighted my family and were simple to make. There are many hamburger bun recipes on the site; both of the ones from King Arthur stand out from the crowd. (The other one is #445540.) The instructions for step three are strange, though. I recommend dissolving the sugar and salt in the saucepan with the milk/butter, and then, (making sure the milk is cool enough that it won't kill the yeast), whisking in the yeast along with a single cup of flour and waiting until the yeast is dissolved and the mixture bubbles before adding the rest of the flour and kneading.