Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
try it on my Barbecued Beef
- 2 tablespoons active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (about 115 F)
- 2 tablespoons warm water (about 115 F)
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 -3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- In a mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Add oil and sugar;let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add the egg, salt and enough flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 3-5 minutes; don't let rise.
- Divide into 12 pieces; shape each into a ball.
- Place 3 inches apart on greased baking sheets.
- Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Bake at 425 for 11 minutes or until golden brown.
Great Recipe! Buns turned out very soft. I used half whole wheat flour.