1 hr 15 mins
This is a recipe my mom made during our 'poor' years as kids. And we loved it! Our friends too in fact, so much so that when they knew she was making it for supper, they'd want to just 'hang around a little longer' after school. And now it's one of my hubbys favorites! A great recipe with 'on hand' ingredients! I hope you like as much as we do!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 pie crusts, See my recipe for Never Fail Pastry for Double-Crust pie
- 1 lb ground beef
- 4 tablespoons dried onion flakes (rehydrated)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen broccoli, cooked and drained
- 4 ounces monterey jack cheese (cut into slices)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 9-in pie pan with uncooked pie crust (Any pie crust will work, but my Never Fail crust is the one we always cook with this).
- 2In skillet brown beef and onion, drain. Stir in flour, salt, and garlic salt. Add the milk and cream cheese; cook and stir til smooth.
- 3Add moderate amount of hot cream mix to beaten egg and return to mixture in skillet. (Try to not curdle the egg).
- 4Cook and stir over medium heat til thick. Stir in the broccoli. Pour mixture into pastry lined pie pan.
- 5Cut the cheese into slices and arrange over the meat mixture. Place top crust over filling. Seal and flue edges. Cut slits in top and allow steam to escape. Brush top of the pie with a little milk.
- 6Bake 40 to 45 minutes. Let stand ten minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hamburger Broccoli Pie
Serving Size: 1 (291 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 670.3
- Calories from Fat 407
- Total Fat 45.2 g
- Saturated Fat 17.8 g
- Cholesterol 127.6 mg
- Sodium 851.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 28.4 g