Recipe by Cynna
My mother used to make these for us when we were little. I still loooooove them and I thought I'd share. Fairly simple kid-pleaser for sure! Sort of like a mini-meatloaf surrounded by biscuit. I listed refrigerator biscuits to provide a shortcut,but you can also make your own (which is what I do) instead. Sooo good!
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 1 (16 1/3 ounce) can Pillsbury Grands refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add all ingredients except biscuit dough to bowl and mix until well blended.
- Shape meat mixture into 6 balls and set aside.
- Open biscuits and place on greased baking sheet.
- Roll biscuits out a little bit to enlarge them.
- Place one meat pattie/ball on top of one biscuit and wrap dough up to the middle of the meat.
- Bake in the oven for 35 minutes or until meat is cooked through and biscuits have puffed up and browned.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and serve!