Recipe by Oster71
THE BEST beef jerky recipe. I have made a ton of recipes out of all kinds of things. Roasts, steaks, etc. But the only stuff I get asked for is this stuff. It is so cheap and so versatile.
- 2267.96 g 90% lean ground beef (90-92%)
- 22.18 ml non-iodized salt
- 11.09 ml Accent seasoning
- 3.69 ml garlic powder
- 2.46 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 33.27 ml meat tenderizer
- 11.09 ml pepper
- 44.37 ml brown sugar
- 118.29 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 118.29 ml liquid smoke
- 78.07 ml ketchup
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all spices with ground beef EXCEPT Worcestershire, liquid smoke and ketchup.
- You need to really get your hands in to mix it well.
- Press into strips with a jerky gun.
- Mix Worcestershire, liquid smoke and ketchup in a shallow dish.
- Coat strips with sauce.
- Place on trays to dry.
- Dry according to your dehydrator manufacturers instructions.
- Other flavors as follows:.
- Hot and spicy - mix Louisiana hot sauce with water to thin a bit. Coat strips and dry.
- BBQ - thin your favorite bottled bbq sauce with water. Coat strips and dry.
- Teriyaki - thin bottled teriyaki sauce with soya sauce. Coat strips and dry.