Recipe by Oster71
THE BEST beef jerky recipe. I have made a ton of recipes out of all kinds of things. Roasts, steaks, etc. But the only stuff I get asked for is this stuff. It is so cheap and so versatile.
- 5 lbs 90% lean ground beef (90-92%)
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons non-iodized salt
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons Accent seasoning
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 1⁄4 tablespoons meat tenderizer
- 3⁄4 tablespoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup liquid smoke
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all spices with ground beef EXCEPT Worcestershire, liquid smoke and ketchup.
- You need to really get your hands in to mix it well.
- Press into strips with a jerky gun.
- Mix Worcestershire, liquid smoke and ketchup in a shallow dish.
- Coat strips with sauce.
- Place on trays to dry.
- Dry according to your dehydrator manufacturers instructions.
- Other flavors as follows:.
- Hot and spicy - mix Louisiana hot sauce with water to thin a bit. Coat strips and dry.
- BBQ - thin your favorite bottled bbq sauce with water. Coat strips and dry.
- Teriyaki - thin bottled teriyaki sauce with soya sauce. Coat strips and dry.