Prep 30 mins
Cook 6 hrs
My mother's favorite soup. She got the recipe from a quilt guild she belongs to.
Make and share this Hamburger Bean Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb hamburger
- 2 slices bacon, diced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pork and beans
- 2 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans
- 2 (15 ounce) cans butter beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can small white beans
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 (4 ounce) cans sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt (optional)
- Brown hamburger, bacon and onion in large skillet, stirring to break up hamburger into small chunks.
- Drain, and transfer meat mixture into a large crockpot.
- Add the remaining ingredients, stirring to combine.
- Note: this soup is good with minimal cooking (just enough to get good and hot), but is best when cooked slowly for 6-8 hours.
Very good!! I simmered it on the stovetop for a couple hours instead of using the crockpot.
What a delicious soup Sheynath. I made it this morning and it simmered for 8 hours. The smell in the house was terrific...but the soup tasted even better. I did decrease the amount of sugar and like happynana we added a shot of habanero hot sauce to the finished soup. Thank you so much for sharing this recipe, into my keeper box it goes.
We enjoyed this soup for a nice dinner last night. I cooked in the crock pot for 8 hours. I added northern beans instead of butter beans as DH does not like them. After a taste, we decided to add some hot sauce to our bowls and it added just the zip that we needed. Thanks for sharing this nice and easy recipe Sheynath. Made for Aussie Swap #17.