Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
A delicious and easy soup. Perfect for a winter evening. Ready in 45 minutes or less!
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 cups beef stock
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup uncooked macaroni
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a large dutch oven or other soup pot, saute onion and garlic in oil until soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add meat and cook until no pink remains.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook an additional 15-20 min until macaroni is cooked through and flavors have had time to meld.
I really enjoyed this soup. It was easy to assemble and tasted great! I will be making this again, and again.
I needed a quick dinner and I was hungry for soup. I found this recipe and thought it looked good. This was very easy to make. I followed the recipe as written other then I only used 1/2 tsp of salt like the previous reviewer. I used alphabet macaroni's as that is what I had. I cooked the hamburger, onions and garlic at the same time and didn't use the olive oil. My family enjoyed this but thought it needed more pepper.
This is definitely GOOD EATS, AB_Fan!!!!! (I am a huge Alton Brown fan too!!!) I was totally craving something like this even though it is 106 outside here in the desert today!!!! It is really tasty and hearty!!!!!! I drained the tomatoes because I figured that's how the recipe would be and, after tasting, used just 1/2 tsp salt. This is so easy and fast to make!! This is a real keeper!!! Thanks!!!!!