Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Found this on the net, easy tasty kid pleaser.
- 3⁄4 lb lean ground beef or 3⁄4 lb lamb
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian herb seasoning
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 (14 ounce) jarpre-prepared jar bolognaise pasta sauce
- 8 slices fresh bread, crusts removed
- 8 slices tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- In a wok or skillet brown the meat in the oil.
- Add the herbs, tomato paste and pasta sauce.
- Simmer gently for 20-30 minutes until thick.
- Line a large greased muffin tin with slices of the bread and fill with meat mixture Top with a slice of tomato and some grated cheese.
- Bake at 350F for 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
- *Nice served with salad and potato wedges.
What a great idea Eve - I made these instead of my usual Saturday Hamburger and loved them. I buttered the outside of the slice of bread and placed that next to the muffin tin - it didn't stick at all - I removed the crusts as I used wonderful home made Italian bread and the crusts would be quite hard to get throught.The cheese on the fresh tomato looks great - only thing I did differet was to add a tsp of hot chili flakes - Thanks Eve - not just a kid pleaser
Wow! Who knew that something so simple could taste so great? I made 6 of these tonight, thinking that would be LOTS for the three of us.....wrong....I had to go and make more! I did not have tomatoe, so had to go without, but it was terrific without it so it was o.k. I will be making this again, thanks for a terrific recipe Eve!