Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Hearty hamburger & barley soup that's loaded with veggies.
Make and share this Hamburger Barley Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Brown onion in olive oil.
- Add hamburger & brown.
- Add tomatoes, water, bouillon,carrots, celery and bay leaf.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add barley and cook until tender (approximately 45 min for non-instant barley).
- Add beans & heat through.
- Remove bay leaf.
- Note: Can use 3 cans beef consomme & 2 cups water rather than bouillon cubes & water.
I made 1/2 the recipe and this is a rich flavorful soup. Makes a great lunch on a cool day. Thanks for sharing the recipe Stephanie. Made for PAC Spring 2010.