Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Great home made sloppy joe recipe. Sure beats that junk in the can!
Make and share this Hamburger Barbecue (Sloppy Joes) recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 3⁄4 cup tomato juice
- 1⁄2 cup tomato ketchup
- In a large fry pan or electric fry pan, mix onion with cooked ground beef.
- In a bowl or measuring cup, mix together remaining ingredients to make a sauce.
- Pour sauce over ground beef and onion.
- Cook on medium-high until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- You can adjust the amount of tomato juice used depending on how runny or dry you like your sloppy joe.
- Serve on hamburger rolls or regular bread.
My family loved these sandwiches. We barely had any meat leftover. I'm not a fan of hamburger barbecue, so I only had a taste and I loved the tanginess. The sauce had great flavor for being so simple to make. I used 96% lean beef and just added a little garlic. Thanx for sharing this quick, easy recipe!
A very nice barbecue beef! Easy too. Made as posted. A snack size of tomato juice is 3/4 cup. Thank you Chef Skie for sharing. Made for Spring PAC 2013.