Prep 8 mins
Cook 30 mins
Hamburger with a bar-b-q- sauce built in!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup catsup
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Brown beef and onion in oil.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Serve over open hamburger buns.
This was excellent and great when short on time Thanks will be making again
I saute 1 lg. onion with 1 lb. hamburger, and then add about 3/4-1 c. ketchup, and mix it, leaving it simmer for a few minutes. It is so delicious! This recipe reminded me of it, but my recipe is much simpler, and the flavor is great...
I liked this recipe as it wasn't overpowerly sweet like the canned sauces. I did add 1 t of liquid smoke, but otherwise prepared as written. Thanks for sharing your recipe!!