Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A satisfying hotdish- the baked beans provide a slightly sweet, distinctive taste my husband really likes. A quick meal when you can't find anything else! Next time I make this, I may try adding a little chili powder for some zing.
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (16 ounce) can baked beans
- 2 tablespoons instant minced onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- Cook macaroni as on package.
- Brown beef with onions and seasonings, drain.
- Add tomato paste and beans, stir well, make sure not to leave lumps of tomato paste.
- Stir in drained macaroni.
- If hotdish is dry, add a little water until desired consistency. This will depend on how well drained the macaroni was.
A nice quick meal when you don't want a lot of ingredients and don't want to spend a lot of time cooking. We had this hotdish with Pillsbury Grands Honey Butter biscuits and a cucumber salad and found this to be a satisfying meal at the end of a busy day.