Recipe by WorkingMom2three
Food.com is full of recipes like this, but this one is different. It started out as your very basic hamburger and pasta recipe I received from my MIL, but I have made some major tweaks in it to make it more in line with today's ingredients and tastes.
- 1 lb 85% lean ground beef
- 16 ounces pasta, cooked
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can Healthy Request tomato soup
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 green pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta per directions on box. I usually use rotini or elbows.
- While the pasta is cooking, sauté onion and pepper in a little vegetable oil.
- Add the ground beef to the onions and pepper.
- Add the oregano, salt, and pepper and cook until the hamburger is no longer pink.
- In a large casserole, mix tomato soup and bbq sauce together.
- Add the cooked pasta.
- Using a slotted spoon drain off the grease, add the ground beef mixture to the soup and pasta mixture.
- Add the cheddar cheese and mix all together until well blended.
- Cook on 350 for 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Original recipe called for chili sauce, and I sometimes add that to the soup/bbq sauce mixture.
- If you are making ahead to freeze, you may want to use more sauce so the pasta doesn't dry out when you cook it.
- You can hold back some of the grated cheese to put on top.